1. I would like to partner with AWEPay as a merchant. How do I get started and how long does it take?
All you need to do is complete and submit the merchant pre-check form, and wait for our notification to proceed with the next steps. It takes approximately four weeks to set up your merchant account.
2. What is a Direct and Sponsored/Aggregate Merchant Account?
A direct account belongs exclusively to you and therefore you alone determine the descriptions on your statements.
A sponsored/aggregate account is a shared account between merchants within the same industry.
3. What is a 3D merchant account?
3D Secure (3DS) is an XML-based protocol developed specially to combat online credit card fraud. This system was built by Visa and Mastercard, and acts as an additional layer of security to protect online credit and debit card transactions, whereby cardholders are required to provide an extra verification password to authenticate their identity prior to any transaction.
4. Does AWEPay set a minimum contract term for merchant accounts?
No. Merchants only need to give us 2 weeks of notice prior to the desired date to terminate your account.
5. How do I ensure my webpage is compliant to the AWEPay system?
We will send you a list of requirements for compliance along with our price quotation once your website has been pre-approved
6. How are ‘High Risk’ and ‘Low Risk’ merchants defined?
‘High Risk’ businesses are normally charged higher charge back and refund rates. Depending on its nature, AWEPay defines the following businesses as ‘High Risk’:
- Adult entertainment
- Online casinos/gaming
- Cigarettes and tobacco
- Replica products
- Online auctions and debt services
- Online dating
- E-wallet and E-cash
- IPS and hosting services
‘Low risk’ businesses cover regular retail and trading businesses online.
NOTE: AWEPay and most partnering banks do not approve of processing ‘High Risk’ businesses and anything that goes against the terms stated by our partners.
7. How do I change the registered nature of business with AWEPay?
Merchants only need to inform the respective account manager and provide the necessary information for the change. However, depending on the changes, a different set of rates and fees may apply.
8. What processing solutions does AWEPay provide?
Please refer to our services page.
9. What flexibility does AWEPay offer in terms of payout methods?
AWEPay offers payouts via two methods:
- Direct wire transfer to your account
- Payout to an offshore debit card provided to you
10. Do you accept all currencies?
Yes. However, our payouts will be in USD.
11. What products and services are prohibited under AWEPay regulations?
AWEPay does not support any websites or businesses that promote the following:
- Child abuse and trafficking
- Weapons dealing and trading
- Dangerous drugs
- Animal cruelty
- Violation of human rights and inhumane acts
- Disturbance to world peace
- Anti-religious and anti-government sentiments
- Any products/services deemed illegal by the respective acquiring banks